Click here to find out where to catch a class during Phish tour. Our goal is to have Phish-inspired Yoga classes at every stop on tour!
When the band isn't on tour our teachers will be holding Phish-inspired yoga classes in their home towns. Click here to find out where!
Click here for photos, bios and fun facts about the Surrender to the Flow teachers who are bringing you Phish-inspired yoga to lots of stops on tour!
Surrender to the Flow Yoga classes directly support The Mockingbird Foundation and Street Yoga. Click here to learn more.
Got mad art skills? Know someone who does?
Surrender to the Flow Yoga is planning some very special yoga classes for the Fare Thee Well concerts in Chicago celebrating 50 years of the Grateful Dead and featuring a guitarist we all know and love!
We want to have a special, event-specific poster for these concerts so we’re turning to you, the amazing Surrender to the Flow Yoga community. If you or someone you know is an artist we’d love to see your designs for the poster. And we might even put it on t-shirts, too.
Rules and stuff are as follows:
- Deadline for submissions is March 31st. Design spec's and uploading app are on the following page.
- Design guidelines and requirements are listed below
- The winning poster/image will be used in online promotion, posters and possibly a t-shirt
- All submissions become property of Surrender to the Flow Yoga and can’t be returned, yadda yadda…
- All entries will be judged by the STTFY teachers and a winner will be announced on our Facebook Page
- Please understand that Surrender to the Flow Yoga is 100000% non-profit undertaking, with every penny of proceeds going to Living Yoga and the Mockingbird Foundation. So we can’t pay you (even our teachers don’t get a dime), but the winning artist will receive FREE STTFY CLASSES for themselves and a guest for the rest of 2015! (that’s a $40 value per class!)
YOGA'S HELPING FRIENDLY BOOK
Like Phish, yoga has its own "Helping Friendly Book" called the Bhagavad Gita. The Gita is one of the foundational texts of yoga philosophy and is a great place to begin if you've never read that kind of stuff before.
For more on the Gita and other yoga texts check out our Resources section.
As someone who has been following Phish around the country for several years and is more recently a teacher and student of yoga, there is nothing better than blending these worlds.
Michaela Best – Certified Yoga Instructor, owner Yoganonymous.org
Surrender to the Flow is the perfect way to prepare for and keep the connection going between two things dear to my heart; Yoga & Phish.
Jennnifer Aiksnoras – Certified Yoga Instructor, Owner Svadhyaya Yoga Lake Tahoe
The only thing better than Surrender to the Flow in Portland each week is attending one in Tahoe.
Gayle Kellman White – Regular Phish Yoga student in Portland, Oregon